Wiki page: Submitted by anthony.coates.des on Tue, 2008-04-22 21:37. Last updated on Tue, 2008-04-22 21:39.
- Royalty-free library of standard XML electronic business documents.
- Designed in an open and accountable standards process.
- Plugs directly into existing business, legal, auditing, and records management practices with minimum disruption.
- International effort, not specific to just one country or industry.
- Eliminates re-keying of data in existing fax- and paper-based supply chains.
- Maintains close alignment with existing EDI systems.
- Presents vendors with a standard target for cheap off-the-shelf business software.
UBL Document Types
- Original UBL 1.0 order-to-invoice set
- Order, Order Response, Order Response Simple, Order Change, Order, Cancellation, Despatch Advice, Receipt Advice, Invoice
- New document types for sourcing
- Catalogue Request, Catalogue, Catalogue Item Specification Update, Catalogue Pricing Update, Catalogue Deletion, Request For Quotation, Quotation
- New document types for fulfilment
- Forwarding Instructions, Packing List, Bill Of Lading, Waybill, Certificate Of Origin, Transportation Status
- New document types for billing
- Credit Note, Debit Note, Self Billed Invoice, Self Billed Credit Note, Freight Invoice, Reminder
- New document types for payment
- Remittance Advice, Statement
- New supplementary document types
- Application Response, Attached Document